Happy July 1 Everyone!
As of 5 PM today, I am officially on vacation for 10 days! Woo hoo! I can just feel the stress starting to melt away. I take vacation around this time every year because after the week of July 4, my world becomes even crazier due to work projects. Seriously, I am not a very friendly person from about July 15-November 1 – stay away! I do promise to be happy at the Healthy Living Summit!
The first part of my vacation I will be entertaining out-of-town guests (Yay, my sis is coming to visit!). We have plans to make at purse at 1154 Lill or at least take in the Chicago sites. But beyond that, I don’t have any hard-core commitments for my “staycation”. I have to admit, I’m a little apprehensive of staycations. For me, they end up being days to run errands, clean, make appointments, etc. Not very fun or vacation-like.
But this year, I’m going to try to make my July vacation different. Due to my out-of-town guests, all of my in-house cleaning and yard work will be done before my guests even arrive – fingers crossed . So with all of my “house work” complete (although I’m sure I’ll find something to clean!), I’m left with just fun things to do, including:
- Spending time in our pool – Give me a frozen drink and plenty of sun and I will be just fine!
- Browsing at some of Chicagoland’s boutique shops – at my own leisurely pace of course
- Trying a new restaurant sans kids
- Attending my first Hot Yoga class – finally!!
- Going to Great America with the kids
- Eating tart frozen yogurt – just because it’s awesome!
- Going to the movies – I want to see Letters to Juliet before it leaves the theatre!
Many of these things may seem like everyday things to some of you, but for a person who has 2 young children, a husband, two blogs, and full-time job, actually doing any of these things will be a major accomplishment!